As if the beautifully designed, natural lipstick brand, Axiology could not get any cooler, they’ve launched a new collection consisting of natural Lip Crayonsin a stunning variety of colors. Effortlessly chic on the lips and equally stunning to look at, the Axiology Lip Crayons are fun and unique products that have arrived just in time for effortless, spring/summer beauty looks.
Suntegrity is one of my favorite brands for healthy, non-toxic sun protection and recently, they’ve expanded their line to lip products with SPF. Suntegrity Lip C.P.R. is a collection of 8 colorful lipsticks utilizing non-nano zinc oxide (as in their face and body products) for natural, non-toxic sun protection.
There are some makeup brands that pride themselves on beautiful, daily-wear products and there are others with products that go beyond the norm. The first time I laid eyes on the natural mineral pigment products from Rituel de Fille*, I knew that these were not your average natural beauty products. The dark black packaging, mystical-inspired design, out-of-this-world variety of colors, and unique product textures had me under a spell. The brand’s unique variety of cosmetic colors are quite rare in the natural beauty realm and for this, Rituel de Fille’s products definitely stand out in the crowd.
In regards to makeup, you should know by now I’m a sucker for beautiful design and healthy, clean formulas. I think most people in the green beauty world are of the same camp; we’re all looking for the next best thing that can put up some serious dukes against conventional products. Enter: NU EVOLUTION Cosmetics.
Nothing gets me like beautiful, clean lipstick with killer pigmentation and sexy packaging. In a nutshell, Axiology Beauty’s lipsticks fulfill all of these characteristics and then some! From humble beginnings sold through Etsy (where you can still purchase them as well as at the brand’s website) Axiology lipstick is, in my opinion the best new organic lipstick brand in green beauty. Plus, use my exclusive discount code for 20% off Axiology lipstick after the jump!
Nūdus lipsticks are a true work of art. From the elegant and sleek white packaging, standout certified organic formulas and colors, to the simplistic, artful packaging details, these lipsticks are unique natural lipstick gems. As a certifiable lipstick addict, I was more than ecstatic to give these buzz-worthy lipsticks from Down Under a try.
After a long, harsh Winter there’s nothing better to look forward to than the return of sunny days and (hopefully) warmer Spring months. I’m always excited when I can bring out my lighter and brighter lipstick colors! I couldn’t resist picking up both limited edition Tinted Lip Conditioner shades from ILIA Beauty’s Spring 2014 Collection, Jump and Hold Me Now.I bought both from one of my favorite online green beauty shop, Spirit Beauty Lounge.
Formulated with organic jojoba oil, candelillawax, vitamin E, and grape seed extract, Jump and Hold Me Now have the same creamy, moisturizing formula as always that keeps lips conditioned and nourished. Though mostly sheer in color, they leave behind a glossy sheen and are buildable in color. Lip Conditioners also have a pleasant, sweet scent. To me, the texture is in-between a lipstick and a lip balm, and leaves behind a lasting stain on the lips. The sheer formula is also perfect for mixing colors together to create a unique tint and can be applied as a light blush on cheeks. I prefer wearing these Lip Conditioners more often than lipsticks because of their creamy, balm-like texture and the ability to build up color intensity.
Jump ($26)is a gorgeous, sheer fuschia described as a “bright pop of magenta, mixed with hints of electric, blueundertones.” Since I usually gravitate towards deeper, bolder lip colors mostly in the maroon, red, and mauve families, I was immediately drawn to Jump out of the two limited edition colors. As a lip conditioner, this sheer hue is definitely not as bold as it looks in the package but it can be built up easily. Jump is a sultry magenta that leans more to a red-pinkcolor on my lips with a glossy finish. Although it was not as bright nor as true to purple as I expected, I still really love how Jump looks on the lips and think it would be a flattering color on most skintypes. Jump also looks lovely with less coats for a sheer, deep pink look.
Jump did leave behind a nice, deep stain and the color lasted as long as the usual wear for Tinted Lip Conditioners on my lips (up to about 5-6 hours before needing to reapply).If you’re a bit hesitant to go for a full-on bright, fuschia lip color (perhaps like, Neon Angel) then Jump may be a great option for you. It’s perfect for anyone who wants a more wearable purple with buildable color intensity that can be worn for many occasions or different times of day.
Hold Me Now ($26)is “a soft pastel pink” inspired by ILIA’s popular multi-stick cream blush in Tenderly. This color is a sheer white-hued pink with a subtle sheen finish. Originally, I didn’t think I’d purchase Hold Me Now because it’s a color I normally would never wear, but I thought it’d be interesting to try it and to have in my collection. Hold Me Now applies very sheerand for those with darker lips like mine, you may need more than two coats for the color to show. Built up, Hold Me Now appeared as more of a soft, nude pink hue leaning more towards a nude, frosty lip than towards an opaque pink. Reminiscent of the pastel lip color trends from the 90s, the white-pink tint from Hold Me Now is a flattering lip color for paler skintones. This color is definitely not as opaque as Jump but I’ve learned to love a less intense look using this product.
For me, Hold Me Now was noticeably more dry in formula and more sheer in color than Jump. I felt that using a lip balm before applying Hold Me Now was necessary as I experienced that the product clung to dry spots on my lips and was prone to flaking. Overall, this color is definitely unique and evokes an innocent, feminine look while also leaving behind a sheerer stain on lips. (I think this lip color makes me look younger, in a good way!) Especially if you have a lighter skintone or cooler undertones, Hold Me Now or any pastel and whiter hued lip color, is a fun trend to try for Spring!
I was initially disappointed with these limited edition colors from the ILIA Beauty Spring Collection but I’ve learned to love them and am glad I picked them up before they have sold out. I think both colors could also be great to wear on the cheeks as a blush. I was expecting Jump to be a brighter purple color and that Hold Me Now would have been a more opaque pink. Both however, are unique colors I hadn’t experienced before and are of the superior, creamy, moisturizing Tinted Lip Conditioner formula that I love.
Have you tried ILIA’s Jump or Hold Me Now? Which color would you choose? What are you favorite natural or organic lip products? Read my review of my other favorite Tinted Lip Conditioner, Arabian Knights here.
I confess, I’m a bit of a lipstick addict. Lip products get me excited because just adding a little bit of color to your lips can completely change your look without a total makeup overhaul. I’d been lusting overILIA Beauty’s Arabian Knights Tinted Lip Conditioner ($24, 0.12 oz/3.5 g) for a while and finally purchased it during an online promotion a few months back. I thought it would be a perfect color for Fall and Winter.
Most lip colors that I tend gravitate to are in the berry or red hues and for Fall, I’m all about dark lips. Arabian Knights appears to be a deep, bold red in the tube however when applied to my lips it is a gorgeous, lightly tinted berry red. As this is a lip conditioner, Arabian Knights is very moisturizing and sheerer than most lipstick products. Castor seed oil, jojoba oil, beeswax and other natural ingredients contribute to the lip conditioner’s nourishing formula.
I love the texture of Arabian Knights, because it’s light while also hydrating, reminiscent of a lip balm but also very pigmented and buildable in color. This product did not make my lips chapped or dry and I can still apply lip balm underneath for added moisture though it’s not necessary.
“Arabian Knights offers a fantasy of mystery and seduction. The deep tones of violet, and burgundy melt together forming a beautiful berry stain. An ideal shade, easily carried from day to night.”
The scent of this lip conditioner is heavenly, very minty and fresh smelling. Arabian Knights lasts on the lips for quite a few hours but the best part is that it leaves a beautiful tint on lips. I can wear this color on my lips for about 3-4 hours until the full amount of color applied fades. Arabian Knights can be built up to a gorgeous darker berry-red hue or worn sheer for a hint of color.
I love wearing Arabian Knights during the day and in the evening. It looks great as a sheer berry tint for the day and with a few extra coats of color, I can turn that sheer color into a deeper, sultry red. I so enjoy the Tinted Lip Conditioner formula and the product’s versatility that I can’t wait to try more from ILIA!
Have you tried Arabian Knights or any other ILIA lip products? What are your favorite natural lip products?
Ingredients: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil*, Jojoba (Simmondsia Chinensis) Seed Oil*, Beeswax (Cera Alba)*, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Sesamum Indicum (Seasame) Seed Oil*, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter*, Tocopheryl Acetate (Natural Vitamin E), Pomegranate (Punica Granatum) Seed Extract, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Oil, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Oil. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dixoide, Iron Oxide (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), Red 7 CI15850, Red 28 CI45410, Yellow 5 CI19140. *Certified Organic Ingredients. Ingrédients Certifiés Biologiques.
*Product was purchased by me and all opinions are my own. This post is based on my own experience with the product. Contains affiliate links that do not cost anything to click but purchasing through these links help support this site. All photos are copyright by Kasey Michelle unless noted.
Since my green beauty journey started, I’ve been lusting after makeup from the brand, Vapour Organic Beauty. Known for their top performing foundations, primers, lipstick and cheek tints, I’ve been waiting for the day I could indulge myself with some Vapour goodies. During a recent promotion, I picked up two Siren Lipsticks; one for myself and one for my mom. If there’s one beauty habit I picked up from my mom, it’s her love of lipstick. I’d been trying to get Mom to switch to cleaner lip products since I tossed out my old lipstick. After I relentlessly told her about all the nasty things in her beloved products and the dangers in using them, she posed me with the challenge of finding a clean lipstick that performed as well as her dirty favorites. Well, let’s just say I think I’ve found a winner!
I chose the color, Knockout for my mom and for myself, Holiday, a newly released lip color. Knockout seems to be a popular color out of the vast spectrum offered by Vapour Organic Beauty and the fact that it’s a classic, rich red means it’s a necessity for every lipstick-lover. My mom loved how moisturizing and long-lasting the Siren Lipstick formula was and the color looked gorgeous on her naturally, pigmented lips. She said the initial scent was a bit fruity for her liking but noticed it faded with time (I didn’t notice much scent). In the end, I get giddy seeing her wearing the color every day and enjoying it! (I win!) She now loves wearing Knockout everyday for a versatile and bold lip color.
Note: The majority of Vapour Organic’s lip products do contain carmine though some colors formulated without the ingredient are noted on the brand’s website.
Holiday, is a sheer berry, mauve color that is perfect for the fall. I’d been searching for a clean lipstick to replace my beloved Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Sugar Plum. Yes, a Revlon Lip Butter. Not the cleanest product, but the color was a perfect matte, plum tint that I wore everyday and have since been searching for a clean equivalent. Vapour Organic’s Siren Lipstick in Holiday is a sheer, deep mauve-purple that have put an end to my Sugar Plum daydreams. Holiday is buildable in color, is subtle but pigmented and the formula is long-lasting and moisturizing on my lips. (Holiday looks a bit pinker in this picture.) This lip color does not contain carmine. This is now what I use everyday for a pinky-plum, my-lips-but-better color!
Siren is made with 70% Certified Organic ingredients and 30% natural mineral pigments and vitamins. Siren is designed to protect lips from moisture loss and environmental assault. Siren’s botanical infusion contains hydrating Myrrh, Rose Buds, healing Lemon Balm, antioxidant Pomegranate, soothing Jojoba Oil and essential fatty acid-rich Camilina Oil. Siren is a long wearing lipstick and lip conditioner in one amazing chemical free formula.
Each Siren Lipstickis $22 online at Vapour Organic Beauty. Ingredients vary slightly depending on color so check the website for more information.
Have you tried a Siren Lipstick or other lip products from Vapour Organic Beauty?
Guess what? My birthday is this Friday! I cannot believe it will already be August, the summer is just flying by and I am not ready to be one year older…okay maybe it’s not all that bad!
Of course I was easily able to round up some of the products I’m currently lusting after for my very own birthday list. Now if only I were to get all the things on this list…(Are you paying attention, family and friends? haha) Looking back, I could have been a bit more extravagant in my wishing but what can I say, I’m trying to be realistic even in my dreams…
1) Kjaer Weis Cream Blush in Desired Glow, $54– I’m a lover of cream blushes and there’s nothing I love more than blushes that also double as bronzer. This beautiful suble tan is said to be perfect for light to medium complexions and is easily blendable, plus the ingredients are 95% organic and how could you not love the super-chic packaging?
2) Kjaer Weis Mascara, $38– Okay, I’m on a Kjaer Weis-kick but this mascara has been raved about by almost every beauty-loving eco-chick and is said to be lengthening, long-lasting and luxurious. As far as organic mascaras go, it is the “creme de la creme” and is also refillable (refills are sold separately) so as to avoid bacteria buildup. So cool!
3) RMS Beauty Lip2Cheek in Promise, $36– I’ve said it before but I love multi-use products and this RMS Beauty product is one I’ve been dying to try. The Lip2Cheek is a cream product that can be used as a lip or cheek tint. Promise is described as a “warm salmon with a subtle warmth” so I believe it’d be a great pop of natural color on my pale skin, perfect for the remainder of summer.
4) ILIA Beauty Tinted Lip Conditioner in Bang Bang, $24– I’ve been dying to try ILIA’s Tinted Lip Conditioners as my lips are normally dry and this specific product is supposedly very moisturizing and soothing. Bang Bang is a popular colors as it’s a beautiful, sheer red that is easily buildable.
5) One Love Organics Morning Glory Brightening Complexion Booster, $48- I’d really love to add some serums to my skincare routine and this One Love Organics serum sounds amazing. The claims are that it “counteracts dullness, puffiness, and unevenness with a intelligent combination of organic ingredients and omega acids. Plus, the zesty lemon peppermint scent provides a natural mood boost.” All the ingredients are soothing to the skin and are organic/plant based including Vegan-sourced Omega 3 fatty acids which “smooth lines and defend against environmental damage.” I also love that the skincare line partners with different artists and designers for unique, attractive packaging designs.
6) RGB Nail Polish in Pool, $18- I’m really more of a nude nail polish color kind of girl but there’s nothing like a beautiful pop of color and from a five-free* nail polish line like RGB (*Contains no Formaldehyde, no Toluene, no DBP, no Formaldehyde Resin, no Camphor). Maybe it’s the influence of the summer season but I’m loving this aptly named, bright baby-blue color in Pool. Perfect against tanned, summer skin whether lounging outside or out on the town. This is also from RGB’s Summer limited edition nail color line.
7) Bdellium Tools Green Bambu brush set, $89.10- There is nothing more that I love than beautiful makeup besides beautiful makeup brushes. Not only are these brushes super cute (they’re green-colored!) but they are made from soft, synthetic, vegan bristles and sustainable bamboo handles. This set includes 15 professional-grade eco-friendly brushes for face, eyes and brows in a nice rollup pouch.
8) Pai Skincare Camellia & Rose Gentle Hydrating Cleanser, $50-$70 depending on size- I’ve been lusting over all the products from Pai Skincare as many beauty bloggers and makeup artists have raved about this organic, London-based skincare line that focuses specifically on sensitive skin types. I have very sensitive, reactive skin and am curious about this cleanser, a top-selling product. It’s recommended for all skin types but works specifically well for dry and sensitive skin. The formula is alcohol and detergent-free which maintains the skin’s natural oil balance and doesn’t irritate skin. It has hydrating properties, while replenishes the skin with Omega 3 and Vitamins A, B & E and also acts as an eye makeup remover.
9) Alima Pure Satin Finishing Powder, $20- I love the concept of mineral foundation, though I’m always hesitant to try it due to my super-dry skin (it has never been a fan or mineral or powder-based foundation). Alima Pure is one of the best natural, mineral makeup lines and I think their Satin Finishing Powder sounds just divine for setting my makeup. The powders come in 5 colors to suit most complexions and the names are just as pretty: Yuki, Keiko, Hanae, Ami, Sayomi. I also love that this product is free of many yucky ingredients: “no bismuth oxychloride (BOC-Free), no carmine(ci 75470-Free), no nanoparticles, non-comedorgenic (won’t clog pores), high pigmented”.
Have you tried any of these products? What’s on your current wish list?