Is Spring really here? Not sure if I can say so with all this frenetic weather we’ve had, but there are tons of new green beauty releases for Spring that have me more than optimistic! (And lusting all over again.) Check out these new releases:
This post is definitely long overdue but some products just hold on to my heart like none other and then a year goes by and I realize I probably should have written a review about it. Sorry dear readers, I’m working on it. (I’m also working on taking better photos of my eyelids too which is mostly the reason why this post is so delayed. #bloggerfail) Today I’m finally talking about the love of my eyelashes, the cult favorite: Kjaer Weis Mascara.
1. 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Cream Foundation: For all its ups and downs, 100% Pure is a brand I still love in regards to their all natural, vegan, cruelty-free formulations. I’ve talked about their skincare and makeup products many times before. Their Tinted Moisturizer is still an everyday, go-to face product for me and I’m curious to see how well their new Fruit Pigmented Cream Foundation performs. Correct me if I’m wrong, but this is one of the first foundation products that 100% Pure has placed in jar/pan packaging. Aside from powder format, they foundations have only been of the liquid, pump-packaging type. Like all other 100% Pure products, the Fruit Pigmented Cream Foundation is 100% natural, vegan, gluten-free, and colored with fruit, vegetable and seed pigments for antioxidant protection. Featured in 6 shades, this new foundation is claimed to have “medium to full coverage with a glow” $36.
I think every green beauty enthusiast will agree that lusting over Kjaer Weis makeup is completely normal. Everything from the sleek packaging, excellent organic formulas and variety of colors epitomizes green beauty at its most luxurious. Created by Danish-born, New York-based international makeup artist, Kristen Kjaer Weis (pronounced “Keer Wice”) the brand is known for beautiful, high-performing makeup with certified organic ingredients as well as wildcrafted and natural ingredients.
I finally purchased some Kjaer Weis products after lusting for quite a while and because there wasn’t one product I wanted the most (or because I’m that indecisive), I picked up a set of Kjaer Weis products, “The Essential Trio No. 3” ($125.00) from one of my favorite green beauty shops, Spirit Beauty Lounge. Living up to it’s luxe reputation, the “Cartier” of green beauty, all Kjaer Weis products come packaged in luxe, red boxes that make your purchase feel extra fancy from the start.
Every “Essential” set features 1 cream blush compact, 1 lip tint compact and 1 eye shadow compact in various colors. The Essential Trio No. 3 is considered the more sultry, darker-colored set of the trios which is right down my alley.What I love the most about Kjaer Weis products is that each product is housed within the brand’s signature “intelligent refill” system. When you run out of product, Kjaer Weis sells refills which you can pop right back in the reusable compact. (Each product is held together by strong magnets. You can alternatively just purchase refills and easily store them in a reusable, magnetic palette like the Z Palette.) Kjaer Weis products can be purchased by most luxury green beauty retailers such as Spirit Beauty Lounge, Eco Diva Beauty or directly from Kjaer Weis online.
Cream Blush in Abundance- This may be my favorite KW product out of the set. I knew if there was one KW product to own, it would be one of the cream blushes. Abundance is a gorgeous subtle, mauve-pink color that is creamy and silky to apply on the cheeks. The formula is very hydrating, pigmented and long-lasting unlike other cream blushes I’ve tried such as the RMS Lip2Cheek, which seems to be less creamy and a bit drying for me. I can wear Abundance for about 6 hours before needing to reapply more. Though I love the formula, Abundance was a color I did have to get used to. It is a very subtle tint of rosey-bronze that upon first swipe is quite pigmented and even dark. It leaves my cheeks with a sheer “pinched” flush that is very buildable. Initially, I felt the shade seemed unnoticeable on my cheeks yet also muddy upon first application. In time, I began to appreciate the understated color and found it to be a great tint that beautifully defines the hollows of my cheeks and the high-points of my face. Be aware a little goes a long way! ($54/compact or $26/refill pan)
Lip Tint in Goddess- Perhaps the main product behind why I chose the No. 3 set in the first place, Goddess is a deep, true cherry-red color. Though the color looks intimidating in the pan, Goddess is a sheer, pigmented red that is easy to build up or tone down the color. You don’t need much product to create a vampy pop of red with this tint and it looks great with even just one swipe. This product stays put all day long and even when most of the color fades, a pretty tint is left on the lips. My dry lips did need some lip balm before using this product as it’s not super moisturizing but it is creamy and easy to blend once applied to the lips. Ideal application is with a lip brush though I do frequently apply with just my fingers as well. ($48/compact or $24/refill pan)
Eye Shadow in Divine- Even with my history as an eyeshadow junkie, I was surprised with how much I enjoyed using this eye shadow. Seemingly basic, Divine is a matte, slate grey color that has great pigmentation, no fall-out and doesn’t feel overly powdery. This eyeshadow is the perfect color for creating a smokey eye or providing definition to the eyes. I love using it in the outer corners of my eyes or as an all over color. It’s sheer but can be built up to be very dark and intense and staying power is very good. This is the perfect matte eyeshadow albeit a bit on the pricey side. ($44/compact or $22/refill pan)
If you’re looking for luxurious, high-performing makeup that is just as beautiful from the inside of the compact as the outside, you need to scoop up some Kjaer Weis products. Though the prices may be a bit offsetting for those watching their wallet, I do think it’s worth it to own at least one Kjaer Weis product as they’re the most gorgeously packaged and effectively formulated products within the luxury green beauty market. I admire Kjaer Weis’ ability to meld beautiful, sleek designs with effective, high performing organic beauty formulas.
Have you tried any Kjaer Weis products? What are your favorite KW items? Would you purchase an Essential Trio set?
Cream Blush: ricinus communis (castor) seed oil*, caprylic/capric triglyceride, candelilla cera, copernicia cerifera(carnauba) wax*, zea mays (corn) starch*, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter*, beeswax*, rosa rubiginosa (eglantine rose) seed oil*, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, non-gmo tocopheryl acetate (nature-identical), ammonium glycyrrhizate,vanilla planifolia (vanilla orchid) fruit extract*, gardenia florida fruit extract. may contain +/- : mica, ci 77491, ci 77891, ci 75470, ci 77492, ci 77499. *Certified Organic
Lip Tint: ricinus communis (castor) seed oil*, caprylic/capric triglyceride, euphobia cerifera (candelilla) wax,
copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax*, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter*, zea mays (corn) starch*, cera alba (beeswax)*, rosa rubiginosa (eglantine rose) seed oil*, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, gardenia florida fruit extract, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil*, ammonium glycyrrhizate, non-gmo tocopheryl acetate (nature-identical), limonene**. may contain +/- : mica, ci 77891, ci 75470, ci 77492, ci 77499, ci 77491, ci 19140, ci 15850. *Certified Organic **Naturally contained in the essential oils
Eye Shadow: talc, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, bambusa arundinacea stem (bamboo) powder, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, non-gmo tocopheryl acetate (nature-identical), gardenia florida fruit extract, lonicera caprifolium (honeysuckle) flower extract, lonicera japonica (honeysuckle) flower extract, zinc stearate.
may contain +/- : mica, ci 77491, ci 77891, ci 75470, ci 77492, ci 77499. This product is gluten-free. Divine, Magnetic, Onyx, Earthy Calm, Cloud Nine, Wisdom are vegan.
*Products purchased by me for review and all opinions are my own. All prices based on products from Spirit Beauty Lounge. Post contains affiliate links.
Guess what? My birthday is this Friday! I cannot believe it will already be August, the summer is just flying by and I am not ready to be one year older…okay maybe it’s not all that bad!
Of course I was easily able to round up some of the products I’m currently lusting after for my very own birthday list. Now if only I were to get all the things on this list…(Are you paying attention, family and friends? haha) Looking back, I could have been a bit more extravagant in my wishing but what can I say, I’m trying to be realistic even in my dreams…
1) Kjaer Weis Cream Blush in Desired Glow, $54– I’m a lover of cream blushes and there’s nothing I love more than blushes that also double as bronzer. This beautiful suble tan is said to be perfect for light to medium complexions and is easily blendable, plus the ingredients are 95% organic and how could you not love the super-chic packaging?
2) Kjaer Weis Mascara, $38– Okay, I’m on a Kjaer Weis-kick but this mascara has been raved about by almost every beauty-loving eco-chick and is said to be lengthening, long-lasting and luxurious. As far as organic mascaras go, it is the “creme de la creme” and is also refillable (refills are sold separately) so as to avoid bacteria buildup. So cool!
3) RMS Beauty Lip2Cheek in Promise, $36– I’ve said it before but I love multi-use products and this RMS Beauty product is one I’ve been dying to try. The Lip2Cheek is a cream product that can be used as a lip or cheek tint. Promise is described as a “warm salmon with a subtle warmth” so I believe it’d be a great pop of natural color on my pale skin, perfect for the remainder of summer.
4) ILIA Beauty Tinted Lip Conditioner in Bang Bang, $24– I’ve been dying to try ILIA’s Tinted Lip Conditioners as my lips are normally dry and this specific product is supposedly very moisturizing and soothing. Bang Bang is a popular colors as it’s a beautiful, sheer red that is easily buildable.
5) One Love Organics Morning Glory Brightening Complexion Booster, $48- I’d really love to add some serums to my skincare routine and this One Love Organics serum sounds amazing. The claims are that it “counteracts dullness, puffiness, and unevenness with a intelligent combination of organic ingredients and omega acids. Plus, the zesty lemon peppermint scent provides a natural mood boost.” All the ingredients are soothing to the skin and are organic/plant based including Vegan-sourced Omega 3 fatty acids which “smooth lines and defend against environmental damage.” I also love that the skincare line partners with different artists and designers for unique, attractive packaging designs.
6) RGB Nail Polish in Pool, $18- I’m really more of a nude nail polish color kind of girl but there’s nothing like a beautiful pop of color and from a five-free* nail polish line like RGB (*Contains no Formaldehyde, no Toluene, no DBP, no Formaldehyde Resin, no Camphor). Maybe it’s the influence of the summer season but I’m loving this aptly named, bright baby-blue color in Pool. Perfect against tanned, summer skin whether lounging outside or out on the town. This is also from RGB’s Summer limited edition nail color line.
7) Bdellium Tools Green Bambu brush set, $89.10- There is nothing more that I love than beautiful makeup besides beautiful makeup brushes. Not only are these brushes super cute (they’re green-colored!) but they are made from soft, synthetic, vegan bristles and sustainable bamboo handles. This set includes 15 professional-grade eco-friendly brushes for face, eyes and brows in a nice rollup pouch.
8) Pai Skincare Camellia & Rose Gentle Hydrating Cleanser, $50-$70 depending on size- I’ve been lusting over all the products from Pai Skincare as many beauty bloggers and makeup artists have raved about this organic, London-based skincare line that focuses specifically on sensitive skin types. I have very sensitive, reactive skin and am curious about this cleanser, a top-selling product. It’s recommended for all skin types but works specifically well for dry and sensitive skin. The formula is alcohol and detergent-free which maintains the skin’s natural oil balance and doesn’t irritate skin. It has hydrating properties, while replenishes the skin with Omega 3 and Vitamins A, B & E and also acts as an eye makeup remover.
9) Alima Pure Satin Finishing Powder, $20- I love the concept of mineral foundation, though I’m always hesitant to try it due to my super-dry skin (it has never been a fan or mineral or powder-based foundation). Alima Pure is one of the best natural, mineral makeup lines and I think their Satin Finishing Powder sounds just divine for setting my makeup. The powders come in 5 colors to suit most complexions and the names are just as pretty: Yuki, Keiko, Hanae, Ami, Sayomi. I also love that this product is free of many yucky ingredients: “no bismuth oxychloride (BOC-Free), no carmine(ci 75470-Free), no nanoparticles, non-comedorgenic (won’t clog pores), high pigmented”.
Have you tried any of these products? What’s on your current wish list?