I know it’s been a couple months since a new blog post but sometimes life just gets in the way. It’s been especially tough to come back from the most beautiful wedding ever and an amazingly blissful 2-week honeymoon in Italy to sit down and get straight back into blogger mood. But if there’s anything I’ve learned recently, it’s to follow where my heart is, take a deep breath, bring my concerns to God, and to relax a bit more.
I don’t know if you’ve felt the momentum of my blog posts teetering off, but in all honestly, I’m going through a bit of “blogger’s block”. Don’t get me wrong, I still love blogging and discovering green beauty products, but I’ve just been feeling a major void in my motivation to write blog posts. Some days, I’ll type up full blog posts but never post them. I have memory cards full of photos I’ve taken only to never edit them and eventually, delete them all. While other days, I can’t even look at my laptop.
It was my birthday last Sunday and I had a relaxing day with friends and family but to top it all off, on Monday I discovered something quite exciting. As usual, I was scrolling through blog and magazine articles online to start off my day and I came across a Lucky Magazine article, “10 Under-The-Radar Beauty Blogs You Need To Be Reading”. Curious to see what blogs were featured, I clicked on the article and casually thought “Wouldn’t it be cool if they featured my blog?”
I’m honored to have my blog nominated for a Liebster Award! Actually I’m quite a slacker as I’ve been nominated twice and never followed through with the questionnaire. The 2 lovely bloggers who nominated me were Isabelle from Ginger & Aloe and Dasha from Green Makeup. Please check out their great blogs about green beauty and more. Thank you both for the nominations!
The Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to acknowledge each other and bring attention to great blogs. Along with accepting the award, bloggers complete a short questionnaire created by the blogger who nominated them, link back to the original blogger, nominate 5-10 blogs with under 200 followers (and notify the nominees on their individual blogs) and create a questionnaire (min. 10 questions) for the new nominees to answer.
I’ve always loved writing yet if it weren’t for the constant support of bloggers and readers, I don’t think I’d feel as confident nor as passionate in continuing with my blog. This award is a nice concept for getting to know other bloggers, sharing new blogs with others and creating a more personal interaction among the blogging community. I’m always reading and discovering new blogs so I had fun listing the bloggers you should get to know and follow below!
The bloggers I nominate for this award and to answer my questionnaire are:
Here are my questions for you: 1) Why were you inspired to start your blog? 2) Describe your daily beauty routine. 3) If you could relive a certain memory in your life what would it be and why? 4) How would you describe your fashion style? 5) Do you have a beauty product you are dying to try or a beauty brand you lust after? 6) What is your must-have beauty product? 7) Who is your celebrity inspiration and why? 8) What is the most unusual or strange beauty product or fashion trend you have ever tried? 9) If you could meet anyone dead or alive who would it be and why? 10) Describe your perfect vacation.
Keep up the great writing, ladies! You all inspire me and I hope we can continue to encourage each other and connect with everyone in the blogging community. I look forward to reading your answers! Hope you enjoy my answers as well:
From Isabelle’s questions: 1. Who or what inspired you to start blogging? When I was unemployed, I started reading blogs about my interests religiously and was very inspired by bloggers who could express themselves through writing and build a community of like-minded readers. I’ve always loved writing and needed a creative outlet so I figured it wouldn’t hurt to start a blog.
2. What is your favorite make up? I’m constantly discovering so many great natural and organic beauty brands so this is a hard question! I’d have to say my favorite go to makeup is 100% Pure’s Fruit Pigmented Tinted Moisturizer, it feels great on, looks effortless and I know it is not harmful to my skin.
4. What is your favorite fruit? Pineapples! I like to imagine I’m living in the tropics whenever I can…otherwise I think peaches are my favorite, year-round fruit.
5. Favorite time of the day to work out? I’d be lying if I said I was a morning-person, I’m a grump in the morning! However, working out in the morning does make me feel energized and refreshed. I can’t wake up early enough on weekdays before work so I usually have to exercise in the evenings on weekdays.
6. Favorite drink of the moment? I’m really into this new non-dairy Rice & Quinoa blend drink from Dream Blends. It’s nutty, milky and delicious! Tastes like rice pudding. I also LOVE chai lattes for fall/winter.
7. What do you think about juice cleanse? I have juiced on an non-regular basis and I think it’s a great way to detox and refresh your body. Plus, juices are so yummy! Although, I’m too much of a wimp to do a full juice cleanse but I’m really interested in trying one preferably when I have a longgg vacation away from my normal work days…
8. Favorite song? At the moment, I can’t stop listening to Royals by Lorde. Her whole album is pretty great too.
9. Your favorite place? Anywhere I can spend time with my family. I think one of my favorites might be at our favorite ski resort in Colorado. Not only is the mountain amazing to ski and explore during the winter but during the warmer months there are great hiking trails and countless outdoor activities.
10. Favorite inspirational quote? “Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.” -Hebrews 11:1
4. Your favorite lip product and why? I really love Juice Beauty’s Reflecting Gloss because it leaves a flattering tint and shine to my lips and is super moisturizing. Plus, the lipgloss tastes like fresh fruit!
5. What is your beauty signature? Cat-eye liner, neutral-toned eyeshadow and red lips.
6. Part of your face you find the most interesting? My eyes
7. Do you have a favorite make-up color– the one that inspires you the most? Hmm I really love taupe colors (boring, I know) but am also inspired by turquoise colors in makeup.
8. For you beauty is… For me beauty is another form of creative expression and solidifying the confidence to be in my own skin.
9. What type of sensory personality are you the most (see, hear, touch, taste and smell)? See. I’ve always been a very visual person and respond better if I can see something and analyze it in this way.
10. Must-have products in your make-up bag: Lipstick (I always have like 5 lip products in there), mascara, blush.
Thanks for reading! Follow your passions and never tell yourself there is something you can’t do.
The lovely Brandie from Organic Beauty Talk interviewed me for a “Meet the Organic Beauty” series. I am honored to be featured on the site today as Organic Beauty Talk was one of the first sites that inspired me to start my own blog.
You can read the entire interview here. More exciting things for my blog coming soon….