For the last few years, I’ve compiled tons of green beauty deals for Black Friday. As I’ve committed myself to making more ethical, sustainable, and minimalist purchases, my perspective on Black Friday is a bit different. My hope is that talking about it will encourage others to feel the same.
There’s no better time than now to reflect on the blessings we have and rejoice with friends and family. It’s also a great time to get shopping for those you love and to support small and local businesses!
I don’t like to emphasize shopping like crazy or finding the importance in things, but there are many great deals to encourage more people to be introduced to green beauty and buy fewer, better quality, nontoxic products. Green beauty can be accessible and affordable for all!
As always, I’ve compiled a list of the best green beauty Black Friday deals this year. This list will be updated as I receive more deal news, so keep checking back!
As a fellow deal-hunter, last year I decided to compile the best Black Friday deals I found for some of my favorite green beauty products and brands. Some of the best deals can be had during this holiday weekend and actually, some great pre-Black Friday deals are happening right now! I purchased a lot of things off my wishlist and discovered great, new products at amazing prices last year. I had so much fun sharing and updating my massive list of Black Friday/Cyber Monday promos that I’m doing it again this year!
Happy Shopping! Check out this year’s deals below:
(Come back to this post as I will continue to update with more deals and details as I find them throughout the holiday weekend! )
I told myself I would be good this Black Friday/Cyber Monday and looking back on the list of things that I did buy for myself, it doesn’t look too bad. (Right, riiiight?) And I did pick up some gifts for my family and friends for the holidays too! Not going to list those, just in case…
I couldn’t pass up all the great sales on green beauty must-haves that I wanted to try, here’s what I purchased this year (prices listed reflect current product prices):
1. Dr. Sponge Facial Cleansing Sponge- I’ve been wanting to try these cute little konjac sponges out for a while so I picked up the Pearl Powder one for myself during the sale at Abe’s Market. They come in a variety of colors/functions. Konjac sponges are dervied from the Asian konjac plant which has been proven to nourish and exfoliate the skin naturally and gently. The Pearl Powder Dr. Sponge claims to even out skin tone, reduce the appearance of dark spots and discoloration, and enhance skin radiance.($8.50)
2. Meow Meow Tweet Beer Shampoo Bar Soap- I was very intrigued by this unique bar of soap that can be used to nourish hair as well as the body. Comprised of natural and organic ingredients: “Jojoba oils and hempseed oils condition the hair and scalp, while beer promotes shiny, bright hair. Aloe vera moisturizes, softens and detangles hair.” Plus, it smells awesome! The Brooklyn-based, all natural, vegan and cruelty-free brand also has the cutest handmade, sustainable packaging! ($9)
3. Osmia Organics Detox Exfoliating Mask, Spot Treatment and Lavender Mint Soap- It took me awhile to choose what to purchase from Osmia because I wanted everything! (Still do.) I’m a mad facial mask woman so I had to have the Detox Exfoliating Mask ($50), whose main ingredients consist of 3 types of purifying clay, nourishing raw cacao and manuka honey, and toxin-removing activated bamboo charcoal. The Spot Treatment ($20) was another no-brainer, beloved by many a green beauty enthusiast. A mix of essential oils, the Treatment powerfully clears blemishes while healing the skin. I had to purchase a gorgeous, handmade soap and the Lavender Mint ($12) mixture sounded lovely and calming.
4. May Lindstrom Skin The Problem Solver- Another facial mask that I had dying to try. This May Lindstrom Skin essential has been dubbed a staple for every green beauty. After I purchased and fell in love with the line’s exfoliating cleanser, The Clean Dirt I knew I’d have to try out The Problem Solver as well. “A jet-black fusion of antioxidant-rich raw cacao, healing bamboo charcoal, soil nutrients, salts, and exotic warming spices go deep on a mission to reveal your most radiant self.” ($90)
5. 100% Pure Pomegranate Antioxidant Hydration SPF 20 Moisturizer- I’ve always loved 100% Pure products due to their ingredients and mission for truely natural products. On Cyber Monday, the brand had a bunch of products on sale for only $10 each and I needed a new daily moisturizer plus it has sun protection, enough said. ($26)
6. H.Gillerman Organics Jaw Clenching Remedy and Stress Remedy- I met Hope Gillerman during that crazy crowded event, A Night for Green Beauty but I was so intrigued by her organic essential oil blends specially to relieve stress-related mind/body issues. I didn’t grab any products during the event and regretted it ever since. I’d had my eye on the Jaw Clenching Remedy (yup, I’m a jaw clencher by night) and the acclaimed Stress Remedy. I admired Hope Gillerman’s knowledge and passion for her products that I know these products will be of great use to me. ($48 each)
7. ILLUME Candles, Gilded Amberleaf Candle Tin- I’ve been dying to switch to more ethically-sourced, eco-friendly candles and I couldn’t pass up purchasing some gorgeous ILLUME candles on sale. These candles are handcrafted from 100% natural soy blend with beeswax, essential oils and a cotton wick. This particular scent features warm scents, “Rich cedarwood and golden amber are infused with mandarin, vetiver, vanilla and tobacco” and the gold and white accented tin holder will surely be sititing pretty in any room. ($18)
8. Honeybee Gardens JobaColors Eyeliner in Jet Set- I’ve been looking for a good, natural eyeliner that doesn’t smudge or drag yet wasn’t so expensive. Derived from a jojoba-based formula, this organic eyeliner has been seemed like a good option to try next. I couldn’t pass up the deal for it at Organic Beauty Talk’s Holiday Shop during Black Friday. ($8.99)
Did you snap up any good deals on Black Friday/Cyber Monday? Tell me, I want to know what you got too!
*Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links that do not cost anything to click or purchase through but purchasing through these links do help support this site.
Happy Shopping! Make it a green Black Friday/Cyber Monday this year!
Take advantage of these great Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals from the best organic/natural brands below. I’ll be updating this list as often as I can! This is a great time to try some new products or gift some green beauty to friends and family. What will you be stocking up on this year?
- 100% Pure: Free mascara & Caffeine Eye Cream for all orders over $50, free Lip/Cheek Tint, free Eye pencil, mascara, Caffeine Eye Cream for all orders over $100, Free Skincare Set, Eye pencil, mascara, Caffeine Eye Cream for all orders over $150. Free shipping on all orders through Monday, Dec. 2nd. (Read my review of 100% Pure Tinted Moisturizer here.
- Abe’s Market:
Affordable organic/natural food, health & beauty products, Additional 10% off Black Friday sale & free shipping with code BLACKFRIDAY. 15% off sitewide with code EARLYBIRD only on 12/1. $10 off on all orders $50 or more & free shipping with code CYBERMONDAY on 12/2
- Acure Organics: Use code BLACKFRIDAY for 30% off all body wash, shampoo/conditioner plus a free lip balm with orders through Monday 12/2.
- Afterglow Cosmetics: Focused on natural/organic bio-active botanicals for high-quality products, $25 off for orders over $75 and $100 off orders over $199
- Alima Pure: Gorgeous mineral makeup, get a free Natural Definition Mascara (see my review here), limited edition Mulberry Lip Tint and a signature makeup bag for all orders $70 or more through Monday, Dec. 2nd.
- Alba Botanica: Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal online until 12/2. Use code: ALBATHANKYOU at checkout.
- Avalon Organics: 20% off with code AVALONTHANKS, 11/29-12/2.
- Bdellium Tools: 40% off all Yellow Bambu Brush Sets with code: YBAMBU40 or 20% all other products online with code BLACKFRI, one coupon per transaction, ends 12/2.
20% off all orders plus free shipping with code GOBBLE at checkout until 11/30. Cyber Monday deal is 22% off all orders plus free shipping with code CYBER from 12/1 to 12/2.
- Briogeo: Organic shampoo, 20% off all products plus free shipping on orders over $40 with code: HOLIDAY through Dec. 2nd.
- Dr. Hauschka: All orders $50 and over receive a free Body Wash Kit until 12/3
- Dr. Sponge: 20% off all orders from 11/27 thru 12/1. Use code THANKYOU
- EccoBella: 25% off all orders over $20 only on Cyber Monday 12/2, details here. Free shipping on orders over $100
- EcoDiva Beauty: All orders over $100 receive a travel size Dr. Sponge & limited edition W3LL People rose gold eyeshadow (while supplies last). Orders over $500: $50 will go to the charity of your choice.
- EcoTools: 20% off all brush sets & an exclusive Cyber Monday brush set for $30, free shipping after $30 purchase use code CYBER13 only on 12/2
- Gressa Skin: (see my review here) Get 50% off the Purifying Mist with the purchase of any other item. Use code: THANKFUL *Deal is working now!
- H.Gillerman Organics: Celebrity-endorsed, handmade, organic & wild-crafted essential oils for treating chronic pain & stress. Buy 1 get 1 free with code BLACKFRIDAY, free shipping on orders over $60.
- ILLUME: Gorgeous, natural/soy-based candles, 25% off entire site + free shipping on orders over $75 Use code: MON13 valid only 12/2
- John Masters Organics: 25% off site wide, 11/28 through 12/2 with code HOLIDAY13.
- Juice Beauty:
Free Green Apple Age Defy Moisturizer for all orders over $50 with code BFS13. (Read my review of Juice Beauty’s Green Apple Peel here or my favorite mascara, their Lash Defining Mascara here)Receive a Mystery Gift w/a $100 purchase on Cyber Monday 12/2, 10 winners will win a Golden Ticket in their bag worth $100: Use code MYSTERY13
- La Bella Figura:
Buy 1 get 1 free Decouverte Under Eye Repair Serum only on Black Friday 9am-9pm CST. No code required, just add 1 Decouverte to cart and 2nd free product will be added at checkout. Purchase must be within sale time.Cyber Monday deal: Any purchase of Istanbul, San Miguel or Positano perfume will include a free 5ml bottle of Travel Therapy, orders over $50 receive free La Curacio lip treatment, orders over $100 receive a free 5ml mini roller bottle of Daily Elements Defense Face Oil, orders over $300 receive a free 1oz/30ml bottle of Bohemia Verde Aromatic Hair Elixir. Last day to receive $15 off 15% off Modern Radiance Concentrate, Barbary Fig Renewal Serum and Skin Aficionado. Details here
- Lollique et Filles: Cyber Monday deals on all products on the OpenSky shop here
- MyChelle: 50% off entire site, use code GIVING13 throughout 12/2
- MIYU Beauty: The company pairs organic, botanical-based skincare products with specially curated teas that improves skin from the inside out. 25% off with code BFCMMIYU5, 11/29 through 12/2.
- No More Dirty Looks: 15% off all Tata Harper skincare, free shipping on all orders over $40 through 12/4 plus: Free Deluxe Rejuvenating Serum with any purchase over $250, code BFS, Free Deluxe Boosted Contouring Serum with any purchase over $500, code BFB, Free Be Adored Lip Treatment with orders over $500. code ADORED
- Nourish Organic: 50% off entire site only on Friday, 11/29 with code GREEN50. Free shipping on orders $50 or more.
- Olie Biologique: Free shipping if you order Olie’s new All-Natural Whisker Shave Oil. Use code: MrWhisker, great for that special mister in your life!
- One Love Organics: 20% off 12/2 only until 12pm EST use code CYBER20
- Osmia Organics: 15% off entire site, free shipping on orders $75 & over, Cyber Monday only
- Organic Beauty Talk: Curated, handcrafted, organic products,
25% off and free shipping through 11/29. 15% off w/ SHOPSMALL15 for Shop Small Business Saturday 11/3020% off entire site for Cyber Monday, use code CYBER20, free ground shipping on all US orders. Pai Skincare: (Read my Pai Skincare review here.) Spend $90 receive Kukui Instant Brightening Facial Collection free with code BLACKFRIDAYONE. Spend $180 receive Kukui Instant Brightening Facial Collection & Rosehip Intensive Nourishing Facial Collection free with code BLACKFRIDAYTWO. Free shipping over $60.
- Pangea Organics: Buy 1, get 1 free + free shipping on $100+ orders deal, 11/27 through 12/2. Same scents only, no mix and match.
PRITI NYC: 4-free organic nail polish, Friday only take 50% off all orders with code: BLACKOUT Rahua Beauty: A blogger-favorite; luxury, natural hair products. Free shipping on orders $32 of more through 12/1. Use code: THANKU
- RGB: 5-free high-quality nail polish, cruelty-free, vegan, USA-made featured in magazines, celebrity collaborations. 50% off all RGB nail sets (base + color + top) offer ends Monday 12/2. Free shipping on orders over $45.
- RMS Beauty: Free deluxe size Beauty Oil sample with any $40 purchase online.
R.L. Liden & Co: Free shipping on all U.S. orders for Small Business Saturday 11/30 use code: FreeShipHigh5. All orders entered to win bespoke blending session and free product.
- Sigma Beauty:
Free shipping worldwide on Black Friday 11/29 with code BF2013.20% off select items on Cyber Monday 12/2 with code CM2013. Check out Sigma’s great vegan and synthetic professional-quality makeup brushes.
- Sibu Beauty: Premium skincare products made from Himalayan sea buckthorn berry, deals online. Save 60% off entire site with code SIBU60 through Monday 12/2, (Excludes RAW and Sibu Omega-7 Chocolates, max. $300 total.)
- Saffron Rouge: 20% off on luxury organic beauty sale items through Monday, 12/2. Orders $100+ ship free.
Sellwood Soap: Free shipping on all orders until 11/29. Use Code: FREESHIP
- Spirit Beauty Lounge: Luxury organic beauty products, $15 off orders over $140, $40 off $250, $70 off $350 with code THANKYOU13
- S.W. Basics of Brooklyn: 25% off entire site plus free gift w/all orders (while supplies last) through 12/2. Use code: ISHOPSMALL
- Vapour Organic Beauty: 30% off everything through Monday 12/2 use code BLACKFRIDAY13 (excludes samples).
- W3LL PEOPLE: (Read my review of the Narcissist Foundation Stick here) 20% off entire site with code CYBER13, ends midnight 12/3, excludes Natural Warrior Sets and use w/other offers.
- Weleda: 25% off all products with code MONDAY, valid through 12/2 only. Free shipping on orders over $50
Whole Foods: weekend-long “Fair Trade Friday” in-store w/discounted Fair Trade food and health goods from Dr. Bronner’s, Alter Eco, Third Street Chai and more! Woodley & Bunny: Brooklyn-based apothecary carrying the best in organic/natural products. 35% off online and in-store. Yes To: 40% off sitewide through Friday 11/29 online (excluding bundles), orders over $50 receive free shipping. Use code: Y2BLACKFRIDAY
- Yuli Skincare: Free Lip Conditioner for orders over $200 until 12/2, new trial-sized Halcyon Cleanser released only this weekend.
- Zoya Nail Polish:
Special 2 day deal: Get a free 12pc Dream Box + Mini Color Lock System + Free shipping with $72 purchase until 11/29 and while supplies last. Use code: DREAMBIGCyber Monday Flash Promos: First 50 – FREE Qtica Cuticle Repair Balm + Free Shipping w/Code: FPD1FRQBm, First 50 – FREE Fall PixieDust, Cashmeres or Satins Color + Free Shipping w/Code: FPD1FRpDcs, First 1000 Buy any 3 Zoya Nail Polish Colors Get a Tinsel Time Trio Free + Free Shipping CODE: FPDx44 Follow Zoya on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram for deals throughout the day, more details here
*Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links that do not cost anything to click or purchase through but purchasing through these links do help support this site.
Can you believe it’s Thanksgiving? We’ve even already had a bit of snow in these parts and the holiday season is just around the corner. Though it can be hard to resist the pressures of holiday shopping and insane “holiday” marketing ploys, remember to spend this season with the ones you love and to make your own holiday memories. Be thankful for all that you’ve been bless with, share moments with loved ones and spread love and kindness to those in need.
The best Thanksgiving TV episodes including some good oldies Full House, Gilmore Girls, Friends and The OC — Wet Paint
Love fashion and books? Me too. Check out this cool list of good reads paired with sartorial picks that best embody the stories and their characters– Refinery 29
A ton of Thanksgiving leftovers are always the result of my family’s Thanksgiving feast! But we’re definitely in need of some new Tupperware. This list features the top 10 leftover containers to have this holiday season– Domaine Home
Will you be out shopping with the crazy crowds this Black Friday? If so, keep these tips in mind on how to be a green consumer on Black Friday– Groovy Green Livin
Swedish fast fashion retailer, H&M pledges to provide living wages for all their garment workers at factories in Cambodia and Bangladesh by 2018– Ecouterre
Thanksgiving recipes based on Tom Hanks movies? Yes! I’m partial to You’ve Got Kale and Forrest Pump-kin Pie– Vulture
For all you bibliophiles like me, a copy of the first English-language book ever printed in America just sold for over $14 million at Sothebys on Tuesday, making it the world’s most expensive book– Business Insider
This gorgeous, limited edition gold-based illuminator and lipgloss set from ILIA Beauty is perfect for upcoming holiday events and a great gift idea– ILIA Beauty
Yum! Recipe for sweet potato cake with marshmallow frosting— Smitten Kitchen
Happy Thanksgiving! Happy Hanukkah! And Happy pre-holiday season! 🙂 What are you doing for Thanksgiving this year? I can’t wait to relax at home and spend time with family.